Sunday, June 13, 2010

Moments of self-reflection

Yesterday, I had indulged on moments of self-reflection en route to my home after dozing off for a few times out of bored. We were from Kedah and it took almost 5 hours to get to Rawang. So, I began to think of how I could survive my new, upcoming life in hostel at INTEC. Then, I discovered that I lacked of the living skills needed for a college student to survive on themselves without their parents help. Hence, I had been able to identify a few skills I lacked and the bad habits that I should have kicked off years back.

Skills that I lacked:-

> Hand-washing all the clothes. Haven't done this for years as I am an avid user of the technological stuff i.e. washing machine (No offense! I'm the victim of in this era of modernization..). So, I'm gonna have to 'spin' my clothes with my hand after I got into college.
> Cooking simple meals (AHAH!). This is really the utmost truth of all. Although the college forbid any cooking in the hostel room, I really have to cook in order to save some pocket money. Plus, I can't be eating mamak food, goreng~goreng and instant noodles all the time.. Then, I'll be craving for 'real food'. LOL

My bad habits

> Sleeping with the light still on. This is the major problem as I've been sleeping without switching off the light since I was 8 years old. My lil' sister kicked off this habit as she was afraid of the dark and I eventually inherited her habit until now when my sister had gone to a boarding school in Johor.
> Rarely make the bed. I didn't really like to make the bed until now except when my lil' sister is coming home for weekend exeat coz' she will scream at me and gradually making sinister remarks about my untidiness. I'm used to that.. hahaha.. and I just laughed at her remarks and making up jokes to calm her down. Well, it works okay.. ; )
> Being boisterous for no reason. Well, I should be more matured as I'm already 18 but I guessed I never grow up as an 18 years old teenage girl emotionally. I really don't want to elaborate more on this as I'm quite ashamed on the previous unfortunate accounts that had happened because of my action.

Now, I have a renewed zest of improving myself before getting into college. Shout out your endorsement by suggesting any helpful tips for me to survive at college. Till then, adios people..

1 comment: